When you turn on your Mac, the first thing you will see is a desktop background or wallpaper. You can change the picture based on your favorite or your preference. Actually, Mac has included several images that the users can set it up into a wallpaper or desktop picture. This way, you can select a picture to give a custom look of your laptop.
In this article, we have written several steps to change Macbook Wallpaper. First, find out how to change the wallpaper or desktop picture from the Macbook image collection or system preferences. You can find out tons of wallpaper selection from Aol Desktop Gold Support.
How to Change Wallpaper from System Preference
- Select Apple Men then click on System Preference.
- Click on Desktop & Screen Saver.
- Select the images folder on the left. This folder is available in the Desktop pane.
- Select an image to set it up into your Mac Wallpaper.
If you use MacOS Mojave or MacOS Catalina, you also can select the wallpaper from the Dynamic Desktop images. This way, the wallpaper will change automatically throughout the day.
For your information, Mac users are allowed to add image folder to be their wallpaper. So, you can download wallpaper HD you like and save it on a folder. In order to add a new folder, you can click on Add button below the folder list. Then, you can select the folder of image you want to add.
If you want to get the best result, you have to select the images that are stored on the startup disc. If the images are stored in a different disc, they may not be able to load reliable when you restart your Mac. The speed of the loading depends on the other disc becomes available after you start your device.
How to Change Wallpaper from Photos
Mac users also can change the desktop picture from the images collection stored in Photos App. Here are the simple steps to change desktop images from Photos App.
- Open Photos App.
- If multiple displays are used, you should drag the Photo Window to the desktop that you want to change.
- Right Click or Control Click the picture that you want to set as a wallpaper.
- Select Share and choose Set Desktop Picture. Voila, your wallpaper has changed.
How to Change Wallpaper from the Finder
You can change your Mac Desktop picture from a Finder Window. Then, you can locate the picture file that you want to set to be your wallpaper. Here are the simple steps.
- Open a Finder Window on your Mac.
- Locate the image or picture file that you want to use as a wallpaper.
- Right click or Control Click the file.
- Select Set Desktop Picture from the shortcut menu.